Quick Start Guide
We put together this quick guide to get you up and running with in a fast but educational process. You are just steps away from your start to gather customer feedback and encourage online reviews to manage your customer experience. Download the PDF version to print off or walk through the steps below.
Welcome To Reliable Reviews
We’re excited you’ve chosen Reliable.Reviews as your platform for customer feedback and online reviews. This quick guide will help you get your account set-up and your business started with gathering customer feedback. While Reliable.Reviews is a very robust platform, this “Quick Guide” was created to have you up and running in under an hour.
This quick guide will show you how to:
1) Verify you completed the Set-Up Wizard to add your location, online review sites, logo and brand color.
2) Choose a Request Mode and customize the steps and content
3) Set your alerts and notifications for your account
4) Add your customer list of emails (or other methods to engage customers)
Building A Better Business
We’re excited to work with you and know that our product will help you in your goal to build a better business by listening to your customers. is a proven platform and process to gain customer insights and feedback by offering:
- Consistency – Ask all of your customers for feedback
- Simplicity – Once set-up, just add customers and work to improve
- Clarity – Capture Net Promoter Score, ratings, testimonials and reviews
Setting Expectations For Results
First let’s look at some baseline expectations and terms that will help you.
1. Our platform makes customer feedback and online reviews easier, it will NOT take a business giving only 2-star service and then create customers writing 5-star reviews. You have to be pricing a good service and product to earn reviews, no matter how easy we make it.
2. Our platform is the engine, but your customer is the “gas” to make it run. You must consistently add emails or mobile numbers to get results.
3. It’s a numbers game. Just like email marketing, only certain percentages of your customers will open your emails or click a link. Here is an average process to outline what you should work towards with our platform.
- 1st-party review: Customer reviews, comments, feedback, testimonials or any text given directly to you, the business.
- 3rd-party review: Customer comments written at online review sites like Google, Facebook or Trip Advisor.
- Net Promoter Score (NPS): A business metric to help you measure your “word of mouth” growth for your business. Learn more on Net Promoter Score.
1. Verify Your Set-up
Our Set-Up Wizard covered these steps when you created your account with us, but just to make sure let’s look at each step to ensure your account is complete
Add Your Business Location
Reliable.Reviews starts with creating a profile for a business location. If you are a one-location business, then just adding your location is all you need. If you have 3 locations, you will need to create a business location for each profile (this is because each location will have its own data and online review profiles). Here’s how to add your business locations:
- Click ADD BUSINESS button in the upper left of screen.
- Complete the business contact and location information.
- Select the BUSINESS TYPE that most accurately describes your business, and the BUSINESS SUBTYPE if prompted, as these selections are part of your Review Widget and code installation, and provide SEO benefits.
If you have multiple business locations, repeat this process and add each location to the Reliable.Reviews platform. If you have more than 20 locations, please contact us so we can provide a bulk location upload spreadsheet.
To edit an existing location in the platform, make sure you are in that location (clicking from Business Dashboard). Go to ACCOUNT and then select BUSINESS DETAILS from the drop-down menu.
Add Your 3rd-Party Review Sites, To Ask & To Monitor
In this step, you will select which 3rd-party online review websites you want to direct positive customers to write a review on and which sites to monitor for new reviews. Keep in mind you will need to set these review sites FOR EACH LOCATION, as each location will have a different profile link on these sites to leave reviews specific to that location/profile. You can vary review sites per each location, you can add or delete review sites at any time and you can also re-order them at any time (just drag and drop).
- Select the location you want to add review sites for, unless you have just one location; in this case, then you will already be in that location.
- Select SETTINGS on the main menu and then select ONLINE REVIEW LINKS from the drop-down navigation.
- Choose the review site you want to add from the drop-down on the page, and click ADD PROFILE.
- Go a new window or tab in your Internet browser and go to the profile page of your business on that site. You want to copy/paste the URL of that profile/listing into that sites profile you selected in GatherUp.
EXAMPLE: Adding the Facebook profile for Plymouth VIP Auto
When saved/added you will notice the green check mark as pictured above. You will also notice the checkmarks allowing you to ask for reviews on this site by selecting the “Show URL” line and/or monitor this site for reviews by selecting the “Monitor online reviews” line.
Pro Tip: We have found that a small amount of choice is best when it comes to your selection of online review websites. Try to select between 2 to 4 total. Give a few options for the best response rate. Depending on your plan, you can monitor up to 5 or 10 review sites.